'Rus', a traditional meal from Uttarakhand, is a great place to start learning about the region's rustic charm through food. This simple but delicious recipe exemplifies the ingenuity of the locals and their deep connection to the area they call home.Uttarakhand's cuisine reflects the profusion of the region's natural setting in the Himalayas. The dish 'Rus' exemplifies the skill of using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients to create a delicious and satisfying meal.
'Rus' is essentially a savoury soup with a sour, buttermilk or curd base. With its blend of aromatic spices, this dish provides a cooling and comforting blast of flavour, perfect for the region's warmer days. The inhabitants of Uttarakhand, whose cuisine is epitomised by the dish 'Rus,' are masters of making something tasty out of inexpensive and readily available ingredients.Every bite of 'Rus' is an opportunity to learn about the history and culture of the region through its distinctive flavour. The cuisine of Uttarakhand, represented by the name 'Rus,' is a reflection of the state's ethos, which is a combination of austerity, ecological awareness, and spirituality.
- Origin: Uttarakhand, India
- Category: Rus is a Pahari Vegetarian Soup which is considered Main Course
- Ingredient: Yogurt, Gram Flour, Vegetables, Spices are treated as main ingredients for this recipe. Other ingredients used are Asafoetida, Ghee, Coriander
- Time and Flavour: This recipe takes approx 30-40 mins and the flavour is Tangy and Spicy
- Nutritional Information: Rus contains 70 kcal calories per 100 g serving. This serving contains 1 g of fat, 1 g of protein and 15 g of carbohydrate. The latter is 8 g sugar and 2 g of dietary fiber, the rest is other nutritional component. [ These values may vary based on ingredients used and its quantity ]